Uckfield, United Kingdom
I needed a ritual to my writing. These poems are the result.
My inspiration comes from the daily events, connections, interactions, and small things, which all seem to demand bigger attention from me.
These poems form a narrative to my life, politically and emotionally, which I hope find engagement with other individuals whom are also just trying to get by, with, or without any diagnosis.
- It is not what I am paid to do
- It requires a daily commitment
- I cannot complete a crossword, but I will attempt to complete verse complexities
- my mind needs engagement beyond paid work
- my children will need something to fill the vacuum we all create
- these words help me to cry out, cry, and work out why
- I am not political, but poetry removes the politics from my words, a reduction in a good way
- If I make someone respond, then I will have lived a life worthy of a life.