13 short vignettes to help the Christian take a deeper walk with the Lord as well as help the curious understand how Christianity is really supposed to work. Topics include:
1. How to Avoid Positive Stinking (the title piece). Why true submission to the Lord trumps forcing ourselves to "think positive" all the time.
2. Our Conditional Love of Jesus (in 3 parts). Explores the conditions Jesus required for us to love Him. If these conditions are not met, He clearly states we do not love Him.
3. My Name is Balaam. The story of Balaam and his talking donkey from Numbers 22, told in the first person.
4. True Authority. How can we possibly have authority over all the animals of the earth as Genesis proclaims we have?
5. Lose Our Lives and Win. This isn't about physical death as that happens to everyone. What does Jesus mean when He told us, "For whoever desires to save his life shall lose it, and whoever desires to lose his life for My sake, shall find it"?
6. Christian Marriage 101.