- 7 years ago
Playing tracks by
Future Sound Of London, Kyle Hall, Joy Orbison, Pinch, Seefeel and more.
This is my "dubstep mix". I wanted to combine the current sound with past favorites. This is an idea I've explored before, but never this successfully. I feel like I completely captured "the sound in my head" on this one. :)
1. Absolute classic ambient dub. Vocals by liz fraser of cocteau twins
4. Very atmospheric stuff from one of my favorite dubstep producers.
5. Music from 1995, in which Seefeel totally anticipates dubstep by 12 years. Ends with a recording from the Aoyama metro in Japan.
6. Live recording form a Radio 1 broadcast. Excellent electro-boogie groove at the end.
7. Rob Smith, member of both Smith & Mighty and More Rockers. A perennial favorite!
9. Semi-industrial sounds from Autechre followed by T++.
12. My favorite jam in the mix, and the inspiration for it.
13. Tympani drums, upright bass, and gamelan orchestra, all in one track.
15. A coda from the acid jazz days.. A tune that sets your face forward and and upward for the next adventure,,