For this weeks episode Damian journeys out to Hamilton to sit down with his friend(and former bandmate), Alexisonfire and Dead Tired vocalist George Pettit. The two talk about George’s transition from Lookout Records, to being a part of a huge band, to finding peace with walking away from music, to starting a new band just for the joy of it. More transitions than a butterfly… Okay… as many.
Also touched on:
- In defense of Epitaph Punk-O-Rama
- SnoJam: The Winter Warped Tour
- The Toronto Breakout years
- Fucked Up benefiting from the “Alexisonfire Effect”
- Punk music discovery in the pre-internet
- The Screeching Weasel Message Board circa late 90’s: Where you can
loose your virginity and meet a young pre-No Warning Ben Cook
- Mods N Rockers: The radio show of “our” time.
- “Are you going to go to college, or are you going to ride the lighting in your screamo band?”
- The awesomeness of the VML 7” series
- The influence of Level Plane and Magic Bullet Records
- No Warning: