In this episode, Bo Bennett and Kim Ellington interview Ian Dodd and Amy Boyle from the Sunday Assembly in Los Angeles, CA. They talk how it got started, what it is, what it is not, and how they are keeping it going strong.
Sunday Assembly Los Angeles is a new godless community that meets monthly to hear great talks, connect for service projects, sing songs and generally celebrate life. Assemblies are free to attend, and everyone is welcome.
The Sunday Assembly:
1) Is 100% celebration of life. We are born from nothing and go to nothing. Let’s en-joy it together.
2) Has no doctrine. We have no set texts so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
3) Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural but we also won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
4) Is radically inclusive. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs – this is a place of love that is open and accepting.
5) Is free to attend, not-for-profit and volunteer run. We ask for donations to cov