Hour 1: Aired on Friday, April 15, 2016
- Dave reads a news article from NPR that reveals more Americans are going for long-term car loans.
- Dave rants that if you do rich-people stuff, you'll be rich, and you'll end up poor if you do poor-people stuff.
- Dave reads a Twitter question from Josh, who asks what happens to the money in a 529 if you save more than your kid needs for college.
- Dave talks about the "Foundations in Personal Finance" curriculum.
- Dave promotes the Teacher Appreciation Giveaway and $55,000 Financial Literacy Challenge.
- Matt and Leslie (Clarksville, TN) are debt-free after paying off $118,000 in 30 months!
- Dave reads the Blinds.com question of the day from Mike, who wants to know if $1,000 is enough for Baby Step 1 if it takes years to pay off student loans.
- Lester (Grand Rapids, MI) is 59 years old and worried about running out of money.
- Nicole (Denver) is a young widow who owes Social Security for overpayment and is not getting survivor's benefits.