This mix features tracks from several projects of mine from 2018 that use acoustic/electric bass, voice and electronics as the main sources. The instrument & electronics serve as a resonant space, as well as the voice sometimes becomes the amplification of the reverberation of the bass. I created a micro-podcast format to combine the pieces into a kind of ambient soundscape.
1. instant music ensemble - voicifications (Brett Davies, Sounghee Lee, MML, voices)
2. thread windings (bass & voice)
3. whalesong (prepared, recorded and distorted double bass)
4. plink plank - musings (Peter Plessas, electric guitar & MML, double bass)
5. guts'n'faders - live@QO2 (Peter Venus, spatial electronics & MML, double bass)
6. duo schmitzer/maierhofer - space scrawler (Stefan Schmitzer, spoken word & MML, electric bass)
all recordings (except where noted): Margarethe Maierhofer-Lischka / MML, 2018.