Karen B.K. Chan is a legendary sex educator in Toronto, Canada. For more than 20 years, she's been teaching youth, adults and couples about sex, sexuality and emotional intelligence, but I first learned about her when someone showed me a clip of her talking about consent. She was chill, funny, and gave her audience a lot of respect. I could see how her approach worked.
Expect to ear a nuanced chat about:
- what does consent look like when you're drunk or high?
- how to establish boundaries
- rejection strategies
- what emotional literacy looks like
- what it's like for Karen to teach people who are homophobic or racist
- strategies for confronting racism and homophobia in your own family or friend group
The theme song is Rise and Shine by Audiobinger. Edited for time and volume. http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Audiobinger/~/Rise_and_Shine_1696