This week Aimee Eckert takes us closer to one of life's most fundamental processes - how a cell divides. Without this amazing process organisms wouldn't be able to grow, reproduce, or repair their bodies, but it can also go very wrong and that can lead to cancer. We dive into the proteins controlling the process, and coax some yeast cells into dividing for us in the studio, as well as learning all about Aimee's alter ego - shes's a cell biologist and cancer researcher at Sussex University by day, but the infamous drag queen Dr Jiggs Bowson by night!
1. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
2. Electric Lady by Janelle Monáe
3. Cover Girl by RuPaul
4. Dramophone by Caravan Palace
5. Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits
6. Fast Car by Tracy Chapman