Jesus is Preeminent because:
1. He was precisely pre-announced.
* If God sent anyone from Himself, or if He came Himself with a vitally important message for all men, it would seem reasonable that He would first let men know when His messenger was coming, where He would be born, where He would live, the doctrine He would teach, the enemies He would make, the program He would adopt for the future, and the manner of His death. By the extent to which the messenger conformed with these announcements, one could judge the validity of his claims.
* Many OT prophecies and pictures predict the facts of his coming.
2. Of His Predominant Purpose - death.
*Matthew 16:13-28 – (Jesus gave his life at 33 years old.)
* He presented Himself as a Savior rather than merely as a Teacher. It meant nothing to teach men to be good unless He also gave them the power to be good, after rescuing them from the frustration of guilt.
3. Of His Pristine Personality – grace and truth.
* For in him all the fullne