- 2 years ago
We are God’s people on God’s Redemptive mission in this world. We are empowered by the same Spirit that empowered Jesus: The Spirit of the Lord. Isaiah 61 targets our Goals.
1. Who are we sent to?
* Poor, brokenhearted, captive, bound, mourning, ashes (burned out) faint spirit, and devastated.
2. How do we serve to them?
* To bring good news to them, proclaim liberty to them, proclaim the LORD’s favor to them, to bind their brokenness, to open the prison for them, to comfort them, and give them beauty, give the oil of gladness, and give them the garment of praise
* Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
3. What are to be the results of our ministry?
* When the poor began to prosper, and the brokenhearted are healed, when the boun