Speaker: Phillip Gummerson
Why we have elders
Key Verses: 1 Peter 5:1-5, Ephesians 4:11, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, Acts 20:28
How did you get here?
What are you good for?
What can I do about it?
Why have elders? - (Titus 1:5)
Who appoints elders? - (Acts 20:28)
How do we appoint a new elder?
1. We pray for guidance, wisdom and humility
2. We suggest some names and discuss them
3. We compare them against Biblical qualifications
4. We consider their reputation within the church
5. We pray for clarity and confirmation
6. We seek unity and agreement in the eldership
7. We approach the individual and them to pray
8. We give them information about the role
9. We pray for confirmation and their response
10. We present them before the church for response
11. We pray for the Lord's leading
12. We appoint them as elders and pray for them
What's the Role?
Pictures of the church
The Flock - Acts 20:28 | The Family - 1 Timoth