Keep up to date with every new upload!

Join free & follow Political & Social Humor
Share
  • 3 years ago
Tuberculosis Could Kill 75 Million People By 2050!

Tuberculosis Could Kill 75 Million People By 2050!

Multidrug-resistant TB, or MDR-TB, which experts have dubbed "airborne cancer," is the latest superbug you probably haven't heard of. Standard tuberculosis drugs don't work on MDR-TB, and only about 10 percent of people with MDR-TB worldwide are treated effectively. The other 90 percent spend what remains of their lives spreading the deadly bacteria to people around them. There were about 480,000 cases of MDR-TB globally in 2013, including about 100 in the United States. Seventy-five million additional people will lose their lives over the next 35 years as a result of MDR-TB, a United Kingdom government report predicted.

And the link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tuberculosis-mdr-tb-treatment_56211f2be4b06462a13bc8fd?6tg9zfr&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

Comments