Playing tracks by
Damon Wild, Tim Taylor.
During the early to mid 90’s, I’d quite frequently find myself at techno nights in London such as Club UK / Final Frontier, Eurobeat 2000, Lost, Quirky, and so on.. The influences at that time were many – most obviously Detroit techno, but also the Berlin sound of Tresor, hard acid sounds from Synewave New York, and a sprinkling of added raver- breakbeat from the UK.
This mix was recorded roughly 2005, but is representational of those sorts of nights out – pitch black except for maybe one strobe, queuing in the loos to refill your water bottle, long sleeve tee shirt tied around the waist, and with 2 hours til the first tube on a Saturday morning, nothing to do but get lost in the music.
Tracklisting / details:
1. Inner City – Ahnonghay (dave clarke remix) (six 6)
2. X313 – Interferon (Generator)
3. DJ Hell – Hot on the Heels of Love (remix)
4. Surgeon – Magnese (downwards)
5. Surgeon – Mugger scum out (soma)
6. Neil Landstrumm – Telex (peacefrog)