Following the December 7, 2014 publication of his New York Times Sunday Review, "Detroit By Air" which examines the city's dramatic haves and have-nots, photographer Alex MacLean is interviewed by Kevin Walsh and Thomas J. Reed, Jr. of the new website, DiggingDetroit.com.
· Alex’s background, including his fear of flying leading to his pilot’s license
· Detroit’s past, present and future
· Regrowing urban communities
· Alex’s transition from aerial surveyor to gallery artist
· His favorite audiences
· Switching to digital, but still loving prints—and those amazing drones!
More information on Alex can be found at his website: http://alexmaclean.com