Alex Bentley, Product Management Leader and Coach at IBM, describes the role of an Offering Manager at IBM (IBM has renamed Product Management to Offering Management).
Alex has over 10 years of experience working as a Product Manager. He also leads the Associate Offering Manager program at IBM.
You can check out IBM's Associate Offering Manager program here: ibm.biz/aomprogram (the link will go live in the winter).
Some of the areas that Alex talks about in this episode include:
1. How Offering Management is very similar to Product Management
2. Why IBM renamed Product Management to Offering Management - To emphasize the focus on building a business, as opposed to a product only
3. Difference between Offering Management at IBM and Product Management in some companies and Project Management
4. Examples of projects an Offering Manager might work on
5. How an Offering Manager/Product Manager needs to think like the CEO of the business
6. Examples of metrics that a Product/Offering Man