Kim Hess, a high altitude climber, shares her journey on how she is carving a career as a professional mountaineer. Over the span of her career, Kim has climbed many peaks, including Everest, Denali and Kilimanjaro.
In this discussion, Kim talks about:
1. Some scary and beautiful moments that Kim has experienced while on her expeditions
2. How to looks for corporate sponsors - how it needs finding a unique message and platform that you can provide that sponsors like
3. How you can get creative with who sponsors you. Eg: Kim was sponsored by a healthcare company. It's not just outdoors companies that you can approach.
4. How she deals with the fear of dying or something going horribly wrong - that she'd rather die doing something that she enjoys than dying in a traffic accident
5. That for Kim, this is about pushing herself and testing her boundaries - mentally, physically and emotionally
6. How being good at the sport is only a starting point - then you need to be a good storyteller a