Questions for Reflection/Discussion:
1. In what ways might you personally be experiencing the reality of suffering in your own life right now? What is that like for you?
2. Give an example of when you might have gone to great lengths to avoid or minimize stress or suffering in your life? In the life of the next generation?
3. Do you create an environment where children can know that they are heard? Where the next generation can know that you are with them (in the midst of their sufferings)? What does that look like for you?
4. Review the above 4 “Confidences” described by Tom Tunicliff. In what ways are you helping to develop these in the next generation? What might be one area of growth for you in this?
5. Re-read Hebrews 5:7-10 and also read 2 Corinthians 1:8-10. What can we learn from these passages about suffering?
6. In what ways might God be desiring to redeem the suffering you (or the next generation) might be currently experiencing?
7. How is Jesus’ own suffer