Questions for Reflection
1. What did you like/not like about Todd’s talk? What struck you?
2. Have you ever asked yourself what is the purpose of my life? How have you tried to answer that question? How do the scriptures answer that question?
3. Read Psalm 46:10. Why do we only focus on/hear about the first part of that verse? What does the second half talk about? Who is God's primary focus ultimately? What implications does that have for us?
4. Have the group look up the following verses: Deuteronomy 4:5-6; Exodus 9:16; 1 Samuel 17:45-46; Psalm 46:10; Habakkuk 2:14; Malachi 1:11; Isaiah 49:6. What is the theme of all of these verses? Claude said there are over 2,000 verses like this in scripture. What do you think that reflects?
5. Why do we not get this? Why are we resistant to this?
6. Todd said: when we love someone, we start to love the things that the people we love, love. Do you agree with this? According to the scriptures what does God love? What is he passion