Questions for Reflection:
1. Have you ever had a funny cross cultural experience? Explain. What made it humorous?
2. Read Exodus 19:3-6. What do you suppose it means that the Israelites were to be a Kingdom of Priests? What does a priest do for the people? Who do you think was to be the recipients of Israel’s “ministry” if they were all priests? What do you suppose that looked like?
3. The word “holy” in verse six means to be ‘removed from common use; set apart for special treatment.’ What do you think Israel was set apart for? How would they be different from the other nations at that time?
4. Read 1 Peter 2:9-12. What does Peter say about believers in Jesus there? What are we to be doing? How is our role similar to the role that Israel played to the world?
5. Have you ever thought of yourself as having dual citizenship? What aspects of God’s Kingdom culture are more easy for you? Which ones are more difficult?
6. What is one way your group can pray for you as you strive to be G