Questions for Reflection/Discussion:
1. What is the hardest thing you have ever had to endure? What specifically helped you to persevere through that difficulty?
2. How do you think you were changed by that experience? Was it for the better or for worse?
3. Kelly Clarkson sings a popular phrase: “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” Do you agree with that or not, why or why not?
4. Read James 1:2-4. What is James’ take on persevering through suffering? According to him, what is the result of perseverance?
5. Read Romans 5:2-4. Notice the progression in verses 3-4. What does it all begin with? What does perseverance lead to? What do you think this means?
6. In our culture are we concerned about character? Why or why not? What aspect of ourselves do you think God is more concerned with?
7. What is one thing in your life right now, you need God’s perspective and help to persevere through?