Questions for discussion:
1. Would you say you come from a crazy family? What would be some of the more crazy things about your family of origin?
2. Going forward, if there was one thing you could leave behind from your family growing up, what would it be?
3. Read 2 Chronicles 34:1-2. Why do you suppose Josiah was able to change so much, having come from such an evil family?
4. What is one area of your life you need God’s word to have authority, if you are going to see a change in your family?
5. In verses 3-7 Josiah essentially repents for the sins of his fathers and makes drastic changes. Is there anything you need to repent of from your family if God is going to change you going forward?
6. Which step that Josiah took most resonates with you? Is there something you can do in your life to emulate or imitate that step?
7. Is part of your past keeping you from the life which God has for you? Can you commit that area to prayer and ask God to help you change?