Questions for Reflection/Discussion:
1. Why do you think people so often want to escape into other stories such as films and movies? What are they looking for?
2. Read Ephesians 2:4-7. Why is this story greater than any story you might see in entertainment?
3. Read verses 4-5. How do you understand the love of God? How have you experienced it in your life? How do you long to experience it still?
4. These verses talk about three aspects of God’s character: love, mercy, and grace? Discuss how you would define each of these. What do these character traits tell you about God and how he has acted on our behalf?
5. According to these verses what part do we play in our salvation? What part does God play? What might that mean for each one of us?
6. Read verses 6-7. Essentially what Paul is saying is that those who have come alive in Christ are trophies of God’s grace on display in an eternal trophy case to all creation. How does that make you feel? What difference does that make for you