1. Aside from marriage, what is the most significant promise that you’ve ever made? What made it significant?
2. Has someone broken a significant promise they made to you?—what was that like for you? Have you broken a promise?—what was that like for you?
3. Do you think you tend to approach God with more of a covenant relationship or a contract relationship? Why? Do you think you tend to approach people with more of a covenant relationship or a contract relationship? Why?
4. Read Ephesians 2:8-13; Galatians 3:13-14; and Hebrews 9:11-15. How do each of these texts uniquely reinforce the theme of God’s covenant relationship?
5. Consider this statement: Jesus is the one who kept the conditions of the covenant that we would never keep, so that we might receive the unconditional blessings that we would never deserve. In what ways does your life reflect your belief or disbelief in this idea?
6. In what ways does the way you relate to God directly impact the way that you relate to