Questions for Reflection:
1. If someone were to ask you what the key to life is, what would you tell them? Why?
2. John Piper says “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.” Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
3. Why do you suppose we find it so hard to simply be satisfied in God? What prevents us from finding happiness and satisfaction in God alone?
4. Read 1 Samuel 8:4-22 in your group. What were the Israelites essentially doing in your opinion? How are we like the Israelites?
5. Read Psalm 62:1-2, 5-7 and Psalm 63:1-4. What do you notice in these verses? What does this reflect about David? What about these verses do you want to be true of you?
6. What is one practice you can do this summer to be more satisfied in God? How can your group help you to do that?