Al Lived in Houghton his entire life of 90 years, beginning in the house on Willard Avenue that sat behind the Luckey Building. His father died in 1923 and Al was raised by his mohter along with his brother, Willard, and his sister, Florence. Al remained in that home after marrying Esther in 1944. He served in the Navy from 1943-46 as an officer. In 1964 they moved with their six children to the house on Smith Drive. Al used his talents beyond the Houghton College Print Shop where he was the manager. He served in the Houghton Fire Department, on the Town Board, and with the Amateur Radio Missionary Service group. He was an active member of the Houghton Wesleyan Church involved in any project from missions to maintenance. A stroke in early 2009, Esther's death in October 2010 and these last eight months in the nursing home brought him to the end of his life on this earth. We all rejoice together today as we celebrate this faithful life lived for God.