SERMON NOTES (click arrow to the right to open)
Our hearts are corrupt, God's heart is broken, all deserve judgement, but some receive mercy.
The Gospel According to Noah
- The message of the flood, of judgement on sin, is all throughout the Bible and ultimately communicated on the cross
1. Our Hearts are Corrupt (Genesis 6:5)
- In the book "Lord of the Flies," British boys brought up to be respectable and upstanding people are reduced to savagery and barbarism for the sake of survival
- Genesis 6:11-12 "Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and was full of violence. God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways."
- Our hearts are corrupt, that was and still is the problem
2. God's Heart is Broken (Genesis 6:6)
- God regretted that he had made humans
- Since we are made in God's image and we weep and grieve over tragedy, it's not hard to believe that God does the same
- He feels such pain because he addresses