SERMON NOTES (click arrow to the right to open)
What might life look like if our attention were focused on the things that God is focused on?
1. Jesus invited the people, as He’s inviting us, to set aside anxieties that fill our hearts and set our hearts on what God has for us.
2. There is sometimes a gap about what God is speaking to us and things that consume our hearts.
3. Simon heard the words that Jesus was saying but didn’t really hear Jesus.
4. We want Jesus to fill our nets; that gives us security. But we can’t just “catch fish” whenever we want to; life isn’t like that.
5. That isn’t what life is really about. If it is, our relationship with God becomes about us and bargaining with Him to keep our nets full.
6. Jesus said that He can fix Simon’s problem, but Simon didn’t understand Who He really was and what He was inviting Him to.
7. Sometimes we respond to God’s blessings by co-operating Him into our plans.
8. Jesus wants our hearts, not just our t