I. Serving is a practical aspect of moving toward God. Romans 12:1
II. Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world. Romans 12:2
III. Examples of different gifts used for serving. Romans 12:6-8
IV. Serving reveals how to love well. Romans 12:9-13
1. Heritage needs servers, not for Jim, but for God.
2. Keep moving in a God-ward direction because of His amazing mercy. (Rom.12:1, 5:9, 5:17, 8:18, 8:28)
3. Serving is a practical aspect of moving toward God. (Rom.12:1)
4. Christianity is a ‘physical’ religion, unlike Judaism, Islamism, Buddhism Hinduism. (Christmas, Easter)
5. NT Wright teaches Christianity is a physical religion; God cares about what we do with our bodies.
6. Surrender self (our bodies) to God.(I Cor. 6:20)
7. Only a surrendered self is a true servant; sacrificed…not forced.
8. Conforming to the pattern of this world is giving in to the sense of independence, individualism. (Rom.12:2)
9. Lonliness and is