SERMON NOTES (click arrow to the right to open)
All thanksgiving begins with God and returns to God.
Being "Rich in God " results in generous living. Generosity brings thanksgiving to God and others will praise God because of it.
1. Everything comes from him, so we thank him first.
2. He calls us "sowers " to join in this work with him. All has been given to us so that we can give to others.
3. We reap what we sow. Job 8, Proverbs 22:8, 11:24,25, Galatians 6. Sow negativity? Meanness? Impatience? Gossip? Sow positively? Encouragement? Kindness?
4. Whatever we sow multiplies. Once " in the ground" it is out of our control. God increases a harvest of righteousness. As we give, we gain, yet seed takes time to grow. Thanksgiving and trust are challenged when we wait, but keep waiting! Psalms 126:5.
5. Give what is priceless. Example, It's a Wonderful Life.
Paul encourages Corinthians to keep on keeping on. 2 Corinthians 8:1-5. They were in the midst of severe tr