SERMON NOTES (click arrow to the right to open)
Connection to the church is a glimmer/foretaste of what’s to come in eternity, where people of different backgrounds and countries come together in one faith. We need to foster our connection and not neglect it, to hunger for God so that He will nourish us.
1. For some people, church gets left behind in childhood.
2. Some people wonder why they should bother with church because their relationship with God is private.
3. Many people don’t want to be connected to an organization they perceive as judgmental and critical.
4. This passage explains the mystery of what God is up to in the world, His purpose: to unify the world and bring peace and love between people who would otherwise want to kill each other. He wants to reconcile us to others and put our hostility to death.
5. We need to learn to live together because we’ll all be together in God’s new creation.
6. Dr. King’s dream was God’s dream: that all God’s chil