I. More thankfulness comes from more giving.
A. When we get more, we are more thankful.
1. 7% raise vs. 2% raise; 40% off vs. 20% off
2. We are to be the prompt for others’ thanksgiving. (2 Cor. 9:11)
B. God’s indescribable gift makes this thankfulness possible. (2 Cor. 9:15)
1. Who do we thank for health, family, etc.? Our gifts always start with God.
2. God prompts others to give! (2 Cor. 8:1)
3. Macedonians’ generosity stems from experiencing more grace. (2 Cor. 8:2)
a. gave beyond ability, pleaded for the privilege (2 Cor. 8:3)
b. gave selves first to the Lord, then to us (2 Cor. 8:5)
c. see that you also excel in this grace of giving (2 Cor. 8:7)
d. this reflects Christ in a powerful way (2 Cor. 8:9)
4. The cross prompts giving, so more and more receive and then they give; others r