SERMON NOTES (click arrow to the right to open)
Part 1- Life is a series of separations, so consider the end, the final separation - what will your joy be?
Part 2- The written Word points to the Living Word, which is the only way to change your heart.
Part 1: 1 Thessalonians 2:17-20
- Life is a series of separations/goodbyes
- Separations are often Painful (for parents and for pastors)
- Separations can be Spiritual (a demonic maneuver or orchestrated by God)
- Separations should always make us Intentional
- Begin with the end in mind - at the ultimate end, where will your joy be?
Part 2: It's the Gospel Truth, 1 Thessalonians 2:13-14
- This passage is why the church in Thessalonica got started and remained - same story for Heritage and for YOU
- The Bible IS understandable
- The Bible is Finished - complete, you can't add to it
- The Bible is to be obeyed - it is timeline and universal
I. God Speaks
- Hearing the Word of God includes commentary/