SERMON NOTES (click arrow to the right to open)
Church leadership requires evaluation by the community, the leader's conscience, and God's judgment. In leadership, both the message and the method matter.
Background on Gospel-Centered Church series: the gospel, the good news, the proclamation of Jesus' sacrifice must be the center of the church and you.
- Paul appealed/evaluated in three ways: (1) The Community, (2) His Conscience, and (3) God's Judgment.
- Message and Method/Communication and Conduct are indivisible. See this expectation in John 1:1-14.
(1) As a Committed Steward we are:
a. approved by God
b. entrusted with the Gospel
c. evaluated by God
(2) As a caring parent we are:
a. Maternal: caring, loving, giving
b. Paternal: encouraging, comforting, challenging
A. The Community
- sacrifice demonstrates sincerity
- your experience
B. Your Conscience
- 1 Corinthians 4:1-4
- We must recognize that we don't get