SERMON NOTES (click arrow to the right to open)
The gospel -- what God did for us in Christ -- must be at the center of the community we call the church,
1. 1 Thessalonians is a letter to a church that Paul deeply loved. It’s personal and emotional, but also practical and instructive.
2. Everything has a beginning; something or someone started it. If we stay focused on that, whatever started well likely will continue.
3. What brought the church together, birthed it, is the announcement that God had sent the Messiah to rescue His people. This is the gospel.
4. Paul and the man in the video we saw both emphasized the gospel and how God gives us His grace. (God’s riches at Christ’s expense)
5. If we trust in and receive God’s grace, a humble gratitude flows out of us, maybe even a sense of indebtedness, although we can’t and aren’t required to repay this grace.
6. This message of grace gives us security so we don’t need to look to our accomplishments or what ot