1. He speaks … I listen.
2. He asked … I respond.
3. He moves … I discover.
4. He calls … I surrender.
1. We don’t have to admit our needs before Jesus calls us.
2. There is a tendency to raise the standard to where we are rather than where we started. We forget how hard it is to start out with no experience and we often expect high performance. We expect people to be ‘here’ and forget what it takes to get here.
3. When we forget the process it takes, we stop being patient.
4. Peter went along with what Jesus said because He asked him to do it (let down the nets).
5. This experience changed Peter’s perspective about Jesus and about himself; he saw himself as a sinner and he saw that there was more to Jesus than he had realized.
6. Jesus’ point wasn’t to catch fish, but to catch Peter for something more, to be a true follower.
7. Our walk with Jesus is a journey, a process. We focus on progress we should make and then we make progress.
8. God often uses gentle promptings or in