SERMON NOTES (click arrow to the right to open)
Psalm 95, How do we really feel towards God and His rest? Am I enough? Is God enough? Entering God’s rest is acknowledging that, yes, God is enough!
A. Promise Land Rest Heb. 4:5-6
1. God called it His Rest. Deut. 4:12-15
2. God would create a non-slave culture. This culture would declare our (your) RIGHT to rest.
3. It was a declaration of freedom, our freedom AND the freedom of others.
4. But if we resist this rest it could be an indication that we still see ourselves as slaves.
5. Receive this gift AND extend this gift, “lest you become just like the Pharaoh I delivered you from.”
B. Creation Rest Hebrews 4:4
1. Sabbath allows you to embrace your limits, to acknowledge God is in control. Mt. 6:25-26
2. God is always working; He only rested once! Hebrews 4:9-10
3. The work that is below the rest here provided is self-justifying efforts.
4. Word of God is alive and active, headed for thoughts and intentions of our