by Tom Stickney
I am often asked by younger teachers how to set up their instructional program(s) in order to create more demand and this is something that is learned. However if you pay attention the market you are in will give you all the answers if you just stop for a second and think.
As the answers you receive become more focused you will be able to better adjust your programming in order to reach the “next level.” So here are my thought on how to set yourself up for success…
1) Understand the market in which you live, what your competitors are doing, as well as, figure out what voids are currently present within your market
2) Focus on filling the demands of your market based on your current skills set
3) Utilize technology/training that is not currently being used by your competitors so you can set your program apart from the masses
4) Create programming using your technology/training to better fill the demands of your current market
5) Understand the desires of your clients’ a