This podcast is with Dr. Dominic Dagastino, an assistant professor at the University of South Florida in Tampa and all around expert on ketosis.
In this podcast we discuss...
* Dom's efforts at teasing out the differences between induced nutritional ketosis (through a low carbohydrate, high fat diet) and ketosis from the dietary introduction of exogenous ketones, like beta-hydroxybutyrate, especially in the context of therapeutic and performance enhancing effects.
* His work on formulating ketone esters.
* The differences in tolerability between MCT (medium chain triglycerides) powders versus liquids, as well as the amount of supplemental MCT a person would need to consume in order to achieve mild ketosis without carbohydrate restriction.
* The differences between different types of ketogenic diets.
* The modified atkins diet which has been demonstrated to have similar efficacy to the classical ketogenic diet in the treatment of drug-resistant epile