The ones we look up to are the biggest,strongest and fastest. No kid ever grew up wanting to be strong like Danny DeVito, it was Arnold Schwarzenegger that people aspired to be like. Peter is the strong disciple, the bold disciple, but in this passage all his strength and boldness fails him. What does it mean to be strong in the Kingdom of God and how can we have hope if even Peter falls and fails?
1. What are your strengths? List them off. How have you been praised for them in your life?
2. Why do you think Peter failed to keep his word to Jesus?
3. Have you ever trusted in your own strength and failed? What happened?
4. How does Peter’s response to his failure (v.72) bring you hope?
5. Where do you need to embrace weakness so you might be strong?