Alan Davis from Portland, OR writes:
So, my question was: How would you approach working with a 9th-grade girl, in beginning choir, that has a very small and low range (often only 3-4 notes)?
Here are a few factors to consider:
1) This is the second year (having sung in eighth grade) that this girl has been singing.
2) She does not have any medical vocal "issues."
3) She speaks in a lower register than is found in MOST 9th grade girls.
4) Her tone is breathy, in speaking and in singing.
5) She is really passionate about music and loves singing, but she gets frustrated with her voice and range.
So, how would you approach working with such a voice?
**This was a student of mine last year and I tried many techniques, which all helped develop her tone. I am, however, curious as to how another conductor would approach the voice.
Connect with Ryan on Twitter / Facebook / LinkedIn / Website
***** Leave a Rating and Review *****
Never miss and episode! Subscribe on iTu