This show was 1st in the global deephouse chart, 1st in the global progressive house deep house tech house chart, 1st in the global electronica/dance chart, 1st in the global deep tech house chart and 10th in the global deep house chart.
Welcome to ON AIR 006 the 6TH instalment in my monthly series with UMT.radio and a new focus on B2B sessions with DJs and producers I admire and who inspire. Originally airing in DEC and feat. another one of my favourite producers in the game, Deep House maestros TIDY DAPS. Been featuring them in so many shows now .. it was about time to shine a brighter spotlight on this brilliant duo. Great vibes, flawless productions, always a journey. Big love to anyone pressing Play and taking the ride with us. 💥🙏💥
Tidy Daps | 0:00 - 59:10
Aaron James | 59:10 - END
TRACKLIST IN COMMENTS
>>> UMT.radio <<<
@Purplenoiz .... Absolutely will do that and thanks so much for your support! It means a lot to us. 🥳😎💯
@ HANDSONWAXINC .... Thank you so much Angel B! Really appreciate it homie. ❤️🙏
I don't know what is more annoying... listening to a set from a DJ I admire and thinking "damn I wish I were that good" or in this case listening to a set of two DJs back to back and thinking "Damn these two are BOTH awesome"! In all seriousness though I had not heard of Tidy Daps before but I love that 'Good Energy' track at 30 minutes in and the while set was beautifully mixed by him. Such a unique vibe created. The transition into your set @djaaronjames with 'Please Don't Stop Loving Me' was beautiful, for a moment I thought the sun had come out as the bird song began. Another beautifully curated set with some sublime tracks. Long may that lockdown continue in Hong Kong if this is what comes out of it!
@DJ-AW hey buddy been so busy just getting around to replying to your kind (and funny) message. Glad you liked the mix ... we both are! Happy to have annoyed you if it's inspiring ... and happy to be annoyed with some of your shows for the same reason, hahaha. Cheers bro and thanks again for the warm words. These kinda authentic mean the world to me especially now in Hong Kong ... and these last words of yours are gonna stick with me for some time I promise you ... "Long may that lockdown continue in Hong Kong if this is what comes out of it!" 🤗💗😎
Oh and PS ... definitely check out Tidy Daps stuff man it's killer! One of my favourite Deep House acts for some time now. Always impeccable productions and great Deep vibes! Make sure to check out 'Give A Damn' ... one of my favourites!
||| TRACKLIST |||
➡️ TIDY DAPS 0:00 - 59:10
1. Maddquest - Bom Dia (Platzdasch Remix)[Oh So Coy Recordings]
2. YSE - Bounce Back (Burnski Back to Deep Mix)[Lost My Dog]
3. Fred Monk ft Soulfreqtion - Entourage [Do It Now Recordings]
4. WestLake - Just You & Me (Deep Spelle Dub Mix)[Ready Mix Records]
5. Deephope - Dub Trumpet [Deep Clicks]
6. Rishi K - Another Profound Moment (Deep Active Sound Remix)[DeepWit Recordings]
7. Tidy Daps - Good Energy [Wind Horse Records]
8. Sevdaliza - Human (Tidy Daps Remix)
9. Alan Dixon - Do You [Permanent Vacation Records]
10. Director's Cut & Kenny Summit - Loving You (Roberto Rodriguez Dub) [Good For You Records]
11. Dimmish - Pickwick [Eastenderz]
12. Perry Granville - Dexter In Dub [Higher Love Recordings]
➡️ AARON JAMES 59:10 - END
13. Lucas Romagnoli - Please Don’t Stop Loving Me [Future Avenue]
14. Alessio Serra - Talk In Space [Zenebona Records]
15. Felipe Gordon - Momma, It’s A Long Journey [Shall Not Fade]
16. Yeah But No - Run Run Run (Alex Niggemann Remix) [Sinnbus]
17. Maxi Degrassi - Keep Moving [All Day I Dream]
18. Kisk - Jazzy Tourism (Lopazz & Eddie Zarook Remix) [Apparel Music]
19. Mark Farina, Homero Espinosa, Kid Enigma - I’m Lovin’ It (Kooba’s Percussive Kapp) [Moulton Music]
20. Tidy Daps - Deep Feeling [Lisztomania Records]
21. RIva Starr - Ride This Sound Feat. Imaginary Cities (Extended Mix) [Club Sweat]
22. Brett Rubin, Vibonacci - Addikted (Extended Mix) [Glasgow Underground]
23. Alec Troniq - Python (David Keno Remix) [Tenor Recordings]
24. Holly North, UNDERHER, Lukas Antal - Far Away (Underher Club Remix) [3000 Grad Records]
To me there are only a very few real lifetime angelic singers in the world.
Those who, whether you like them or not, still leave a majestical impression behind.
One of those singers (and I believe I compared either your style or Guy's with her earlier already) to me is Sade Adu. Especially the song: No ordinary Love. It's that type of song, that even if you are in a hurry, as soon as you hear that song, you stop. Start to breath. Suddenly you pay attention. Don't hear but feel. It's like you are physically able to touch her music. The same atmosphere is found in this mix.
So relaxing ... ofcourse there is a big difference in style and tempo. But the atmosphere is the nuance in music that makes the different between hearing of feeling music for me. That nuance ... you caught it my friend. (you got an email adres :-) ? ... I got a funny picture for you hahaha)
Hello again @DiderikvanLoef my increasingly more and more cherished connection here. Man when you dig in and invest in making a poignant Comment you really tell a story and it is always very touching. That's what we tried to do with this mix as well. I have been a follower - and yes, a fan - of Tidy Daps' music for several years now. And when we set out to do this project I intended to make a collaboration that was greater than the sum of its parts ... and that could stand the test of time. It is my only hope that we succeeded. I love your description, the authenticity, feeling, imagery, and relatability. I say relatability because I've been in love with Sade's music for decades ... and yes, it always takes me to that same place you are describing so well. Where hearing gives way to the feeling. Your Comment made my day basically. 🙏❤️🙏
It is not easy to review a similar collaboration so I will use a "few words" ... I know Tidy Daps from the labels "Wind Horse Records" and "Be Adult Music".. their works are always interesting, a track that is not present in the Set and that I allow myself to point out is "New Horizon", I recommend to who is reading to going to look for it .... the second 60min start and finish well :) in the middle Felipe Gordon, Yeah But No, Maxi Degrassi and Kisk my favorites. A show that if heard in a Club, when the new DJ takes over, I would certainly raise my head wondering what happens, I don't know if I explain myself well ah ah... Great music, nice flow...I hope it's not the last one from you three ;) thanks for this music and see you next time! xxx
Thanking you @GuyVanDerGraaf for the thorough and proper review. I really appreciate the time you spent on this as I know it is a long mix for anyone to Listen from the beginning to the end. Always a pleasure and honour to know you have an interest in my shows. Really happy that we have connected this year, and will see you very soon back on your page as well. Have a great week Guy! 🙏💥🙏
Music to my ears @DJGIMIK ... really appreciate the encouraging Comment. See you soon back on your page I'm sure. 🙏❤️
These percussive beats were as soothing and reassuring as the gentle summer nights' rain on my roof ... with a nice addition of neighbourly trumpet. A beautiful selection of tracks again to refresh the ailing lockdown soul. Ta
Such a lovely Comment @Jaysenbensonhousen ... thanks so much! And now we are back on a Nightlife Lockdown again in Hong Kong so I definitely can relate to your 'ailing soul' ... *SIGH* Cheers bro and thanks again! 💥🙏💥