In this episode of the Cubicle Renegade Podcast I sit down with Brittney Castro, founder of Financially Wise Women and recently ranked one of the top 5 Certified Financial Planners in Los Angeles. We discuss her journey from working at a big financial firm to breaking off on her own and how her blog has built up her client base over the past two years.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- Why she took a job after college that was basically straight commissions.
- How she always knew she wanted to be a "business owner".
- How 50% of her clients come from her blog.
- What she did to get featured in the New York Times and Wall Street Journal.
- How she has been able to work with her clients virtually in the same way as in person.
- Why the more information you give away for free the more likely you are to get paying customers and clients.
- How to get comfortable being on video and what your videos should be about.
- How to make the leap financially from employee to entrepreneur.