In this episode of the Cubicle Renegade Podcast I sit down with Barrett Brooks, founder of Living for Monday to talk all about how to properly land a job or consulting gig you actually want. We cover the twelve steps you should follow to launch your career, directly from his course: Career Kickstarter.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- How Barrett landed a well paying management consulting job directly out of college.
- Why he left that job behind to help others find careers that better suit them.
- The proper mindset for putting in the hard work and saying no more often.
- Determining your purpose/passion and how that relates to a potential job.
- How to define your values and strengths.
- Figuring out your ideal job description (without looking at job postings).
- How to get your resumé on top of the pile of hundreds.
- Ways to find the 60% of jobs that aren't advertised.
- Why you have to negotiate your job offers.
- You can either watch the video or listen to the audio of t