Keep up to date with every new upload!

Join free & follow Cross Country Checkup from CBC
Share
  • 1 month ago
May 12, 2019: Is it time to reassign household chores?

May 12, 2019: Is it time to reassign household chores?

Women still shoulder the burden of many household chores and take on much of a family's emotional labour, according to recent studies.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics consistently finds working women take on 65 per cent of childcare duties - while working men take on the remaining 35 per cent.

But even when same-sex couples become parents, the division of labour isn't equally split, with one partner taking on more professionally and the other domestically.

Our question this week: Is it time to reassign household chores?

Comments