Chemical Recipes is a brand new podcast - the world's first podcast series to be devoted exclusively to formulation science. The pilot episode gives a brief introduction to what formulation science is all about, using parallels from cooking and baking. Later, lessons we learn from baking are applied to some common, everyday products and we see how starch can be used inside and outside the kitchen.
1) Introduction [0:00 - 1:23
2) What is Formulation Science? [1:23 - 2:45]
3) Cooking is a type of formulation! [2:45 - 8:15
- Food ingredients are complex!
- Interactions between starch and water
4) Bread as a foam [8:15 - 11:07]
5) Summary of the podcast, so far [11:07 - 12:00]
6) Starch outside the kitchen [12:00 - 14:18]
7) Starch and the paper industry [14:18 - 15:43]
8) Overview of Starch [15:43 - 16:13]
9) Outro [16:13 - END]
Music by James Kitcher