This is the second of our new News Roundup episodes, which will usually appear on Fridays and discuss several of the week's top tech news stories. This week, we cover:
• Congressional action to roll back privacy regulations for ISPs, which has been covered in somewhat hyperbolic fashion
• Three tweaks to Twitter features, including a new model for @-replies, DM protections, and an avatar change
• New RIAA numbers on the size of the US music market in 2016, and especially the contribution of streaming.
As with this week's other episode, relevant links are displayed below as raw URLs:
News stories we covered (Tech Narratives links):
• Two Tech Narratives pieces on the ISP privacy regulation and on the EFF/Verizon story
• Twitter's @-replies and avatar changes