Series: The Book of Philippians -- Sunday, May 21, 2017 -- Sermon Questions
“WORRY OR PRAY?”
1. Do you agree with the statement that stress is a part of everyday life? How do you handle your stress?
2. Read Philippians 4:6. What do you think about Paul’s statement that we (believers) are not to worry? (Point out Jesus agrees with Paul. See Matthew 6:25-32.)
3. Oswald Chambers (i.e., My Utmost for His Highest) says that “worry is a sin.” Do you agree? If you do, why is it a sin? What does worry signify?
4. Read Matthew 13:22. What does Jesus say that worry does here?
5. In what way does worry reflect a dark or wicked heart?
6. What do most Americans really want out of life? Why is it a recipe for worry/anxiety?
7. Why did Jesus never worry? Why do we worry?
8. In Philippians 4:6, what does Paul say is the solution to worry? What does praying do?
9. Why is it important to “thank” God after you make your prayer request?
10. Read Philippians 4:7. What is the pe