* We have the religious news headlines of the week in the build-up to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland and two new saints in the Catholic church.
* "Sandra's Diary" looks at the contradictions of the two Popes declared as creators of new patterns of Christian living last Sunday.
* Andrew Barr speaks from his background of "Songs of Praise" of this week's report that singing together and hymns eases the fear of death in older people and is good for all of us.
* We bring the excerpts of Pope John Paul's visit to Scotland with the opposition of the Free Church, the tensions of the Falklands war, and the thoughts of Cardinal Gray on having him as a house guest. Then we admire his courage in forgiving his attempted assassin and in facing debilitating illness and frailty.
* Gail reflects on heaven, hell, relationships and the central values of ordinary life.