- 1 week ago
This upload was 57th in the #jazz chart.
In which Hybrid Highbrow explores why Jazz loves the Hungarian composer Béla Bartók. Follow Hybrid Highbrow at @hybridhighbrow on Twitter.
Here is the playlist:
1. Bartók Béla: Allegro barbaro - Jazz adaptation by Peter Sarik Trio (intro)
2. Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra-Antal Dorati: conductor-1956. Bartok: An Evening in the Village
3. “Round About Bartok,” Richie Beirach.
4. Bartok Bulgarian Rhythm, performed by Tabula Rasa (2005):
5. Bela Bartok - Mikrokosmos - "Five-Tone Scale" - arr. for Guitar by Rob Watson
6. Bessie and Bartok
Trumpet: Oliver Haynes; Bass: Danny Ziemann; Violin: Bob Pycior; Violin: Tahlia Cott; Viola: Bridget Kinnear; Cello: Andy Barnhart; Music by Marc Webster; Recorded at Blue on Blue Recording Studio
7. Bartók Béla: Allegro barbaro - Jazz adaptation by Peter Sarik Trio